Aquagard Bottom Gard Antifouling Paint - Gallon
FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
Total Price:Add to Cart
Aquagard Bottom Gard Antifoulng Paint
Aquagard Bottom Gard is an ablative, anti-fouling bottom paint suited for fiberglass and wooden boats. It features a solvent-based ablative action to repel barnacles and other marine growth. At an extremely economical price, Bottom Gard is an exceptional value with outstanding performance. Easy to apply and distributes evenly. Paint can be applied over existing bottom paints that are clean, free of any debris and dry.
Maintaining your boat's painted surfaces and periodically repainting the boat is important for more than just your boat's appearance. Marine paints and finishes help protect your boat's hull, deck, and other surfaces from the harsh effects of the sun, the corrosive effects of salt water, and algae and barnacle growth.
- Available in blue, black, or red by the gallon.
- Ablative action repels barnacles and other growth
- Fast drying
- For use on wooden and fiberglass boats
- U.S. EPA approved
- Finish: Flat
- Coverage: 400 sq. ft./gal.
- Number of Coats: 1-2
- Application Method: Brush or roller
- Colors Available: 60101 Black, 60102 Red, 60103 Blue
- VOC: 508 grams per liter
Aquagard 190 Waterbased Primer: For priming bare fiberglass
Aquagard 180 Wash & Dewaxer: For surface prep
How to Apply Bottom Gard Antifouling Paint
- Application Method: Brush or Roller
- Number of Coats: 1-2 (Additional coat at waterline)
- Coverage: 400 sq. ft./gal.
|Application Temp:||Re-coat (hours)||To Launch (hours)|
**Above times are minimum
- Painted Bottom
- If the paint on the bottom of your boat is flaking, you should get a scraper and remove all loose flakes.
- If the paint on the bottom of your boat is in poor condition, consider using a paint stripper and removing the old layer completely.
- Remember: The adhesion of the new paint is only as good as the paint it is being applied over. Watch for signs of adhesion failure.
- If your bottom paint is in good condition, you only need to sand it a little with 80-grit sandpaper, clean it up, tape it off and roll on another coat.
- Bare Aluminum
- Clean the hull surface thoroughly with de-waxing solvent and plenty of clean rags.
- Sand the de-waxed hull lightly with 80-grit paper.
- Wipe down the area again to remove all sanding residue.
- Apply 190 Primer. Follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for primer application.
- Mixing the Paint
- Note: Take the time and effort to properly mix your paint. If the copper isn’t evenly distributed, some areas of your hull will not be protected.
- If you have a pain shaker, run it for at least 5 minutes to get the copper and pigment evenly distributed.
- If you are mixing by hand, keep dredging up the copper off the bottom of the can.
- Each time you add to your roller tray you will want to stir again to ensure consistency.
- Applying the Paint
- Fill your paint tray with paint and dip your roller. Roll the paint onto the hull using a short-nap roller cover (usually 3/8 nap).
- Note: Don’t add any thinner to the bottom paint unless the manufacturer specifies otherwise. Stir the paint before refilling the paint tray.
- By the time you work all the way around the hull, many bottom paints will be dry enough to overcoat.
- A second coat is usually recommended and will increase the life of almost any bottom paint; copolymers benefit from 3 or 4 coats.
- No sanding or other prep is needed between coats.
Caution: Be sure you leave all zinc anodes unpainted. If you are installing new zincs, make sure you do not paint over their mounting locations. Good electrical contact is essential for zincs to do their job.
Information sourced from the Flexdel Corporation Flexdel Bottom Guard Technical Data Sheet.
California Residents: WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- Google Product Type:
Customers Also Viewed
Interlux Micron CSC Ablative Bottom Paint Rebate Available - From 2/1 - 6/1, buy up to 2 gallons and get $20 cash back per gallon. Download Rebate Form by [Clicking Here] Interlux is the industry...Choose Options
Interlux Trilux 33 Antifouling Bottom Paint Interlux Trilux 33 Antifouling Bottom Paint is a tin-free antifouling paint that has been formulated to provide safe, yet-highly effective protection for...Choose Options
Pettit Vivid Ablative Antifouling Boat Paint It used to be that boaters had to sacrifice their color choices for an effective antifouling paint treatment. With Pettit Vivid antifouling bottom paint,...Choose Options
Interlux Nautical ProGuard Ablative Antifouling Paint Sold in gallons Interlux Nautical ProGuard Ablative is performance, value and reliability all in one. ProGuard Ablative is an all-purpose, low...Choose Options