Interlux Perfection 2-Part Polyurethane High Gloss Marine Paint When it comes to marine paints, Interlux is the leading manufacturer of high-quality paints that help to protect boats from harmful...Choose Options
Interlux Flattening Agent for 2 Part Marine Polyurethanes
FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
Total Price:Add to Cart
Interlux Flattening Agent for Two Part Polyurethanes
Interlux Flattening Agent is a flattening agent used to reduce the gloss of Perfection, Interspray 900, Interspray 800 and Interthane Plus when applied to decks, spars, masts and on surfaces where a less than high gloss finish is desired.
***WILL SHIP GROUND ONLY TO THE CONTIGUOUS 48 STATES ONLY***
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY FLATTENING AGENT FOR TWO PART MARINE POLYURETHANES
APPLICATION METHOD: Conventional Spray
It is recommended that reduced gloss level products are sprayed to ensure a uniform finish
THINNER: Spray – Reducing Solvent 2316N | Brush/Roller – Brush Thinner 2333N
Check viscosity of the matted product and then follow thinning guidelines for the product in which the Flattening Agent for Two Part Polyurethanes has been added.
- Follow the surface preparation instructions shown on the label of the finish or varnish to which the Flattening Agent for Two Part Polyurethanes is being added.
- Mix part A (base) and part B (curing agent) of the Flattening Agent for Two Part Polyurethanes (3:1 mix ratio by volume). Allow to stand for 5 minutes to allow entrapped air and gases to escape.
- Mix Part A (base) and part B (curing agent) of the two part polyurethane that is to be matted. Allow to stand for 5 minutes to allow entrapped air and gases to escape.
- Add required amount of Flattening Agent for Two Part Polyurethanes. Stir thoroughly.
Perfection and Perfection Plus:
- 2 parts mixed finish + 1 part mixed Flattening Agent = Semi-Gloss.
- 1 part mixed finish + 1 part mixed Flattening Agent = Satin.
- 1 part mixed finish + 2 parts mixed Flattening Agent = Flat.
Note: Test applications are recommended before proceeding. The actual levels of Flattening Agent for Two Part Polyurethanes required may vary somewhat from color to color.
- The level of gloss will decrease where the amount of Flattening Agent for Two Part Polyurethanes is increased.
- For best finish, apply the first 1-2 coats with full gloss finish, then ass the flattening agent to the final coat.
Conventional Spray Specifications
- Follow the spray guidelines for the product to which Flattening Agent for Two Part Polyurethanes has been added.
**Flattening Agent for Two Part Polyurethanes will provide a reduced mar-resistant finish and should not be used on walkways.
Information sourced from the Interlux Flattening Agent for Two Part Polyurethanes Finishes Application Guide.
California Residents: WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- Google Product Type:
- Product MPN:
- Product UPC:
Customers Also Viewed
Interlux Brightside - High Gloss Polyurethane Topside Marine Paint Brightside Polyurethane marine paint is a hard-finish, high gloss, one-part application polyurethane topside finish. This paint...Choose Options
Pettit Easypoxy (EZ-Poxy) High Gloss Topside Marine Paint Pettit Easypoxy is an advanced polyurethane paint that provides long-lasting and effective gloss retention. Pettit EZ-Poxy is a popular...Choose Options
Tuff Coat Rubberized Non-Skid Marine Deck Coating - Gallon Tuff Coat is a high-performance, non-skid polyurethane safety coating that works to effectively coat and weatherproof a variety of surfaces...Choose Options
Interlux Pre-Kote Brightside Boat Primer - White As one of the largest manufacturers of marine paints and primers, Interlux is a name you can trust for high-quality products that provide...Choose Options
Interlux Interprotect Epoxy Barrier Coat Kit - Gray Applying Interlux 200E can help protect hulls from damaging water absorption that can cause long-term, costly repairs to your boat. Interprotect...Add to Cart
Interlux Flattening Agent for 1 Part Finishes A Flattening Agent specially formulated for mixing with Interlux one-part finishes (Brightside Polurethane and Yacht Enamels) and varnishes (Schooner...Add to Cart