FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
Total Price:Add to Cart
Interlux Epoxy Primekote Two-Part Primer
Epoxy Primekote is a multi-purpose two-part epoxy primer that is the recommended primer for use with two-part finishes such as Perfection® Polyurethane and can also be overcoated with any Interlux topside paint. It is also used as part of a system to resurface cracked and crazed gelcoat prior to the application of topside paint and over clear epoxies to eliminate the effects of amine blush. It's bright white color makes it ideal for priming bilge and locker areas.
- Suitable under all Interlux topside finishes
- Can be used to re-surface cracked and crazed gelcoat prior to the application of topside paint
- Can be used over clear epoxies as a sanding surfacer and to eliminate the effects of amine blush
- Application by spray or roller/brush
- Finish: Matte
- Mix Ratio: 3:1 by volume (as supplied)
- Coverage (approx.): 450 ft²/gal by brush, 375 ft²/gal by spray
- Application Methods: Airless spray, brush, roller, conventional spray
- Number of Coats: Above the waterline: 1-2, below the waterline: 5-6
Interlux Brush Thinner (2333N) : Thinning for brush application
Interlux Reducing Solvent (2316N) : Thinning for spray application
How To Apply Interlux Epoxy Primekote Primer
Stir or shake individual components thoroughly. Add curing agent to the base a 1 part curing agent to 3 parts base (by volume). Stir and leave for 20 minutes induction time and to allow the bubbles to disperse. Do not apply over one part paints. Apply to clean, dry, properly prepared surfaces only.
- Application Method: Airless Spray, Brush, Conventional Spray, Roller (Pressure Pot)
- Number of Coats: Above the Waterline:1-2 Below the Waterline:5-6
- Dry Film Thickness per Coat: 2 mils
- Coverage: 450 ft²/gal by brush, 375 (ft²/Gal) by spray
- Application Temp: 50°F Min. / 90°F Max.
- Thinner: Brush Reducer 2333N and Reducing Solvent 2316N
|Temp||To Touch||To Recoat|
|95°F||1 HR||6 HR|
|73°F||2 HR||8 HR|
|50°F||3 HR||12 HR|
Note: Epoxy Primekote must be sanded between coats and prior to overcoating with topside finish.
- Bare Fiberglass
- Degrease with Fiberglass Solvent Wash 202 or Fiberglass Surface Prep YMA601V.
- Abrade with 120-220 grade paper. Remove sanding residue.
- Clear Epoxy
- Allow three to seven days for clear epoxies or cure fully.
- Remove amine blush by using Fiberglass Surface Prep YMA601V.
- Rinse with fresh water and allow to dry.
- Abrade with 80-120 grit paper. Remove sanding residue.
- Repair any defects with Watertite, then sand with 120-220 grade paper and remove sanding residue.
- Bare Metal
- Surface should be blasted to bright metal.
- If blasting is not possible, grind with 36 grade discs.
- Apply one coat of Interprotect 2000E that has been thinned 10-15% with Reducing Solvent 2316N.
- Follow overcoating times for InterProtect 2000E and apply Epoxy Primekote.
- Bare Wood
- Sand surface with 80-120 grade paper, and wipe clean.
- Apply the first coat and allow to dry overnight.
- Sand between coats with 120 grade paper.
- Airless Spray Pressure: 170-204 bar/2500-3000 psi. Tip Size: 0.53 mm/21 thou.
- Conventional Spray: Pressure Pot: Pressure: 3.44-4.47 bar/50-65 psi (gun pressure); 8-10 psi (pot pressure). Tip Size: 1.8-2.2 mm/70-85 thou.
California Residents: WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- Google Product Type:
- Google Custom Field 2:
- Product MPN:
- Product UPC:
- related products
Customers Also Viewed
Interlux Interprotect 200E Epoxy Barrier Coat Kit - White Formulated with a unique two-part epoxy coating, Interlux Interprotect 200E is the perfect product to protect and seal hulls from moisture...Choose Options
Interlux Interprotect Epoxy Barrier Coat Kit - Gray Applying Interlux 200E can help protect hulls from damaging water absorption that can cause long-term, costly repairs to your boat. Interprotect...Choose Options
Interlux Brightside - High Gloss Polyurethane Topside Marine Paint Interlux Brightside Paint is a hard-finish, high gloss, one-part application polyurethane topside finish. This paint offers...Choose Options
Pettit EZ Prime High Build Topside Undercoater Pettit EZ Prime is a high-build formula that dries quickly and is easy to sand. This undercoater should be used as a base coat whenever the surface...Choose Options
Pettit Easypoxy (EZ-Poxy) High Gloss Topside Marine Paint There are a lot of choices when it comes to topside marine paints, however, Pettit is an industry leader in creating superior marine grade...Choose Options