Pela 2000 Oil Change Pump, 2.6 Qt Capacity
The PELA 2000 is a scaled down version of the PELA 6000. With all the same convenient features, simply pump 5 to 10 times in a row to create a powerful vacuum. Then watch the oil drain neatly into the calibrated container. The PELA 2000 is designed for those who have small jobs but don't want to pay the higher prices of our bigger pumps.
With a capacity of 2.5 litres, it's ideal for small 4-stroke outboard engines up to 50 HP (depending on make), sailboats with small diesel engines (9 HP to 18 HP), and PWCs with 4-stroke engines. For homeowners with lawnmowers and other power equipment, this value priced tool is essential.
- Capacity: 2.5 litres (2.64 qts)
- Height: 17.5" (assembled)
- Diameter of Container: 7"
- Tube: Probe 3/16" OD, Length 43"
- Clear Section: 3/8" OD, Length 39"
|Manufacturer||Pela Oil Changers|
|Manufacture Part Number||PL-2000|
1. Warm up the oil by running the engine. This will allow the contaminates to mix and suspend in the oil. Remove the dipstick.
Note: If the dipstick can't be held comfortably in your hands, then the oil is too hot! Wait a bit!
Insert the extractor tube into the dipstick pipe until it reaches the bottom of the oil pan. Firmly place the tube cap onto the pan. Firmly place the tube cap onto the container.
2. Attach the pump to the top of the container.
3. Pump 10 to 20 times in a row to create the vacuum (5-10 times for PELA 2000). Always use 2 hands. The unit will automatically extract the oil. Continuous pumping is not required.
4. To stop extraction at any time, pull the tube out of the fluid.
5. After all the oil has been extracted, remove the tube cap from the container with a twisting motion. Remove the pump. Empty gently into a container. Bring the used oil to a recycling depot.
Note: No special cleaning is required on the unit. Just empty as much oil as possible.
Note: Not for use with gasoline or other flammables.