Interlux Schooner Marine Varnish
Schooner Varnish combines the very best of classic, varnish craftsmanship with the newest technology. Schooner Varnish contains ultra-violet filters to screen the sun's damaging rays for remarkable durability, excellent water resistance and silky application. Superior self-leveling property and a bright, clear, high gloss yields a pristine finish with the traditional golden color.
- Area: Above the waterline, interior and exterior use
- Finish/Sheen: High Gloss
- Pack sizes: 1 US Quart
- Substrates: Wood
- Suitable for aluminum
- Suitable for high fouling areas
- Practical Coverage: 540 Sq.Ft/Gallon
- 333 Thinner -To ease application for roller and brush CLICK HERE
- 216 Thinner -Spraying Application CLICK HERE
HOW TO APPLY INTERLUX SCHOONER MARINE VARNISH
APPLICATION: Airless Spray, Brush, Conventional Spray, Roller
FINISH: High Gloss
NUMBER OF COATS: 5-6 Coats; Bare wood: Thin first coat by 10%
COVERAGE: (Theoretical) – 600/gal by brush | (Practical) – 480 /gal by brush
THINNER: Brush – Brushing Liquid 333 | Spray – Special Thinner 216
**Schooner must be sanded betweenb coats
Previously Varnished Wood
- In good condition, sand surface with 120-150 grade (grit) paper and remove all dust.
- In poor condition, if varnish is badly checked or peeling, remove finish to bare wood with Interstrip Semi-Paste 299E. Follow directions for varnishing bare wood.
- Sand smooth with 80 grade (grit) paper. Wipe with Brushing Liquid 333. Apply sealer coat of varnish reduced 10% with Brushing Liquid 333.
- Apply Inter-Prime Wood Sealer Clear 1026.
- Do not shake. Stir gently.
- Pour the amount you expect to use in a separate container. Strain it through a paint strainer to ensure there is not contamination.
- Apply at least 5-6 coats on bare wood and a minimum of 3 coats on previously varnished surfaces until a satisfactory finish is obtained.
- Sand between coats using 220-320 grade (grit) paper. Remove sanding residue with a rag dampened with Brushing Liquid 333.
Stir thoroughly before use
- Use a clean brush that is kept specifically for varnishing. Clean brushes before use.
- 3.44-4.47 bar/50-65 psi (gun pressure); 8-10 psi (pot pressure)
- Tip Size – .89-1.4 mm/35-50 thou
- 3.44-4.47 bar/50-65 psi (gun pressure)
- Tip Size – 1.5-1.8 mm/60-70 thou
- Use thin nap roller and “tip-off” with a clean natural bristle brush or pad.
Information sourced from the Interlux Schooner Varnishes Application Guide.