You have no items in your shopping cart.
Garelick Outboard Swim Platform with Fold Down Ladder
For use on outboard transoms One stainless wrap around rail and one underside support rail, reversible Mounts at 10 degree angle on transom Durable HDPE platform is pre-drilled for easy assembly Stainless Steel hardware 1" (3cm) diameter stainless steel
|Manufacture Part Number||19535|
|Warranty||Limited Lifetime Warranty|
HOW TO MOUNT GARELICK OUT BOARD SWIM PLATFORM WITH FOLD DOWN LADDER
- After determining which side of the platform is most suitable for the handrail, mount it to the platform using 2 bolts through holes in platform. Secure with 2 locknuts.
- Mount SS strut 22” by inserting bolt through hole and secure with locknut.
- Mount SS strut 11” by inserting two bolts through holes and secure with 1 locknut.
- Choose most suitable side of transom for mounting platform. Turn motor unit as far as possible to that side. Make a line on the transom indicating motor unit’s full extension to that side.
- Position platform away from drawn line at desired mounting location, parallel to the water line, and mark 4 mounting holes through flattened ends of rails and/or struts onto the transom.
- Drill four marked holes with a bit compatible with selected fasteners (fasteners not provided). Hold drill perpendicular to transom when drilling.
- If transom is less than 2” thick, it is recommended that a backing plate be mounted on the inside of transom.
- NOTE: The backing plate should be made of either aluminum, marine plywood or some other suitable non-compressive material.
- Coat the mounting surfaces of the rails and/or struts with a marine grade adhesive/caulking compound; squeeze a small amount into mounting holes in transom. Insert selected bolts through holes and secure in position with suitable fasteners.
- Periodically check mounting hardware and re-tighten (due to normal boat operation).
- Regular fresh water rinsing and periodic cleaning with a mild abrasive cleaner will help retain luster and help prevent corrosion.
Information sourced from Garelick Assembly Instructions for Platforms Technical Data