|Manufacture Part Number||19535|
|Warranty||Limited Lifetime Warranty|
Write Your Own Review
HOW TO MOUNT GARELICK OUT BOARD SWIM PLATFORM WITH FOLD DOWN LADDER
- After determining which side of the platform is most suitable for the handrail, mount it to the platform using 2 bolts through holes in platform. Secure with 2 locknuts.
- Mount SS strut 22” by inserting bolt through hole and secure with locknut.
- Mount SS strut 11” by inserting two bolts through holes and secure with 1 locknut.
- Choose most suitable side of transom for mounting platform. Turn motor unit as far as possible to that side. Make a line on the transom indicating motor unit’s full extension to that side.
- Position platform away from drawn line at desired mounting location, parallel to the water line, and mark 4 mounting holes through flattened ends of rails and/or struts onto the transom.
- Drill four marked holes with a bit compatible with selected fasteners (fasteners not provided). Hold drill perpendicular to transom when drilling.
- If transom is less than 2” thick, it is recommended that a backing plate be mounted on the inside of transom.
- NOTE: The backing plate should be made of either aluminum, marine plywood or some other suitable non-compressive material.
- Coat the mounting surfaces of the rails and/or struts with a marine grade adhesive/caulking compound; squeeze a small amount into mounting holes in transom. Insert selected bolts through holes and secure in position with suitable fasteners.
- Periodically check mounting hardware and re-tighten (due to normal boat operation).
- Regular fresh water rinsing and periodic cleaning with a mild abrasive cleaner will help retain luster and help prevent corrosion.
Information sourced from Garelick Assembly Instructions for Platforms Technical Data