|Manufacture Part Number||JR-1|
Write Your Own Review
StingRay Classic Junior Installation Instructions:
WARNING: WITH ALL ENGINE INSTALLATIONS, ENSURE BOAT ENGINE IS OFF, KILL SWITCH IS DISENGAGED, AND GEAR SHIFT IS IN NEUTRAL POSITION.
- Make sure all installation hardware installation hardware is included: four (4) bolts, four (4) self-locking nuts, and four (4) rubber washers.
- Place the StingRay Classic Junior on cavitation plate as far forward as possible while keeping the underside of the hydrofoil flush with the cavitation plate.NOTE: The StingRay Classic Junior can be reduced in width to provide a better fit to smaller cavitation plates. To reduce the hydrofoil width, use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the screw in the back of the hydrofoil, separating the StingRay Classic Junior into two parts. The hydrofoil is designed to be shortened in ¼ inch increments. Both pieces should be cut the same amount of times to ensure the proper fit. After the width is reduced, use a Phillips screwdriver to reattach both pieces together with the included screw.*Not all StingRay Classic Juniors need to be cut and reduced in width. This process is only necessary for boats with smaller cavitation plate widths.
- Drill four (4) quarter-inch holes in the cavitation plate on the lower drive unit and bolt the StingRay on. The pre-drilled holes in the StingRay serve as a guide for drilling the four holes.
- After drilling the four holes, remove the hydrofoil and place the four (4) rubber washers around the pre-drilled holes on the underneath side of the hydrofoil.
- With all four (4) rubber washers attached, place the StingRay Classic Junior back onto the cavitation plate and line up with the four (4) drilled holes from step 3.
- Place the four (4) self-locking nuts in the pre-drilled holes in the StingRay Classic Junior. The white side of the nuts should be facing upwards.
- Insert the four (4) bolts from the bottom up, with the shorter bolts inserted in the two holes in the front of the hydrofoil. Use a Phillips screwdriver to tighten the bolts. In a matter of minutes you’re ready to enjoy unmatched performance!
(1) This product should make an immediate performance improvement in your boat/motor…if for ANY REASON it does not, then remove this product and call (913) 451-1090 for assistance.
(2) Any surface “flow marks” around holes that appear to be cracks are a normal part of the molding process and do not affect the part strength or performance.