Interlux Fiberglass Bottomkote Racing Bronze
Fiberglass Bottomkote Racing Bronze provides season long protection against fouling organisms. Fiberglass Bottomkote Racing Bronze uses an acrylic resin to provide ease of application, and a hard, smooth, racing finish, that is compatible with most other types of antifouling paints.
- Can be hauled out and trailered, on a short term basis, without loss of antifouling capability
- Can be wet-sanded and burnished to provide an even smoother surface for racing boats
- For use on fiberglass, wood and primed underwater metals (except aluminum)
- Effective in fresh and low fouling salt water against barnacles and zebra mussels
- Sold in Gallons
- Finish: Low Sheen
- Application Area: Below the waterline
- Number of Coats: 2-4
- Coverage (approx): 300 ft²/gal by brush
- Applicaton Methods: Brush, roller, spray
Interlux Special Thinner: For thinning on bare wood & clean-up
Interlux Fiberglass Solvent Wash: For cleaning on fiberglass
***WILL SHIP GROUND ONLY TO THE CONTIGUOUS 48 STATES ONLY***
|Manufacture Part Number||999|
|Number of Seasons||Single Season|
|Hull Material||Fiberglass, Steel, Wood|
|Is Boat Trailerable||Trailerable|
Write Your Own Review
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY INTERLUX FIBERGLASS BOTTOMKOTE RACING BRONZE
APPLICATION: Brush, Roller, Conventional Spray – Pressure Pot or Siphon Cup
NUMBER OF COATS: 2 (For Bare Wood, use 3, with the first coat thinned)
** Under good drying conditions, Bottomkote Racing Bronze may be over coated after 2 hours, however it is best to allow an overnight dry to ensure complete solvent evaporation.
THINNER: For Bare Wood – Special Thinner 216
COVERAGE: (Theoretical) 300/ gallon by brush
|50°F||1 HR||16 HR|
|59°F||45 Mins||8 HR|
|73°F||30 Mins||6 HR|
|95°F||20 Mins||4 HR|
Note: Maximum Immersion Times are as follows: 50-95°F : 60 days
|Minimum Hours Before Applying Overcoat|
Previously Painted Surfaces
- In good condition, remove loose paint by sanding with 80 grade (grit) paper, then wipe with Special Thinner 216.
- In poor condition, remove antifouling paint in poor condition with Interstrip Semi-Paste 299E.
- Begin by scrubbing well using soap and water and a stiff brush.
- Rinse with fresh water and allow to dry. Wipe a small are with a clean rag that has been wetted with Fiberglass Solvent Wash 202.
- While the surface is still wet, wipe with a clean, dry rag. Continue this process until the entire surface has been cleaned.
- Sand with 80 grade (grit) paper. Remove sanding residue and wipe with Fiberglass Solvent Wash 202.
- Sand with 80 grade (grit) paper and clean with Special Thinner 216.
- Apply first coat reduced 10% with Special Thinner 216.
- If necessary, fill seams with Seam Compound Brown 30.
Do not apply Bottomkote Racing Bronze over aluminum
- At least 2 coats should be applied. 3 coats if applying to bare wood, with the first coat being thinned.
- Interlux Fiberglass Bottomkote Racing Bronze can be applied by brush, roller, or conventional spray – pressure pot or siphon cup.
Conventional Spray Specifications
- Pressure – 4.08-4.76 bar/60-70 psi (gun pressure) | 10-15 psi (pot pressure).
- Tip Size - 1.8-2.2 mm/70-85 thou.
- Pressure - 3.44-4.47 bar/50-65 psi (gun pressure)
- Tip Size – 1.5-1.8mm/60-70 thou
Note: Spraying of antifouling paints is prohibited in Canada.
Information sourced from the Interlux Fiberglass Bottomkote Racing Bronze Application Guide.