Interlux Brightside - High Gloss Polyurethane Topside Marine Paint
Brightside Polyurethane is a hard, high gloss one-part polyurethane topside finish. Excellent application characteristics yield that “sprayed on” look when brush applied in thin coats and is ideal for use anywhere above the true waterline. Interlux Brightside Polyurethane is easy to clean, resists staining and has great abrasion resistance.
- Hard, high gloss one part polyurethane finish
- Fluro Microadditive for easy cleaning, resistance to staining and added abrasion resistance
- Compatible with single part primers, enamels or polyurethanes
- Range of bright, crisp colors
Interlux Brightside is suitable for above the waterline applications.
- Deck + Non Skid Additive
- Exterior Cabin and Trim
- Interior Cabin and Trim
- Finish: High Gloss
- Number of Coats: 2 minimum
- Coverage: 550 ft²/gal. by brush, 440 ft²/gal. by spray.
- Pack Size: 1 US Quart, 1 US Gallon (White Only)
- Colors Available: Y4248 Fire Red, Y4258 Black, Y4359 White, Y4990 Flag Blue, Y4100 Largo Blue, Y4152 Yellow, Y4190 Kingston Gray, Y4205 Seattle Gray, Y4207 Bristol Beige, Y4208 Hatters Off White, Y4217 Grand Banks Beige, Y4218 Hatters Off White (1990), Y4237 Sundown Buff, Y4241 Sapphire Blue, Y4247 Sea Green, Y4250 Steel Grey, Y 4253 Ocean Blue (C.C Blue), Y4259 Blue-Glo White, Y4316 Dark Blue, Y4351 Light Blue, Y4353 Medium Blue, Y4360 Matterhorn White, Y4381 Off White
Interlux Brush Thinner: For brush application or clean-up
Interlux Special Thinner: For spray application or clean-up
Interlux Pre-Kote Brightside Primer: Unique undercoat for brightside or any one part topside finish.
***WILL SHIP GROUND ONLY TO THE CONTIGUOUS 48 STATES ONLY***
How To Apply Interlux Brightside
- Application Method: Airless Spray, Brush, Roller, Conventional Spray - Pressure Pot or Siphon Cup
- Number of Coats: 2 Minimum
- Coverage: 550 ft²/gal by brush, 440 ft²/gal by spray
- Application Temp: 50°F Min. / 95°F Max.
- Thinner: Brushing Liquid 333, Spraying Thinner 216
|Temp||To Recoat||To Launch|
|90°F||16 HR||16 HR|
|70°F||16 HR||16 HR|
|50°F||16 HR||16 HR|
Note: Brightside® Polyurethane must be sanded between coats.
Previously Painted Surfaces: The surface must be clean and dry. Remove surface contamination by wiping down with Interlux Brushing Liquid 333 or Special Thinner 216. Sand with 220-320 grade (grit) paper. Remove sanding residue.
Bare Fiberglass: In Good Condition Begin by scrubbing well using soap and water and a stiff brush. Rinse with fresh water. Remove wax and other contaminants using either Fiberglass Solvent Wash 202 or Fiberglass Surface Prep YMA601V. Sand with 220-320 grade (grit) paper. Remove sanding residue. In Poor Condition Clean as above. Sand with 80 grade (grit) paper. Apply Pre-Kote.
Clear Epoxy: After the epoxy has cured, remove any amine blush by scrubbing well using soap and water, and a stiff brush, or by using Fiberglass Surface Prep YMA601V. Rinse with fresh water and allow to dry. Sand with 80 grade (grit) paper. Remove sanding residue. Apply one coat of Epoxy Primekote 404/414.
Bare Wood: Sand surface with 180-220 grade (grit) paper, wipe clean. Apply Pre-Kote. Sand surface with 220 grade (grit) paper, wipe clean.
Bare Metal: Sandblast or grind, remove sanding residue. Immediately apply Interprotect 2000E thinned 15% with Interlux Solvent 2316N. When the Interprotect is thumb-print tacky apply one coat of Epoxy Primekote 404/414. Sand with 220 grade (grit) paper. Remove sanding residue.
- Apply 2-3 coats of Brightside, allowing a minimum of 16 hours between coats.
- Sand between coats with 320-grit sandpaper.
- Note: Avoid applying late in the day as condensation can cause loss of gloss overnight.
- In warm or windy conditions, up to 10% Interlux Brushing Liquid 333 may be added to ease application.
- Do not exceed 10% thinner by volume
Customers also viewed