Interlux Pre-Kote Brightside Boat Primer - White As one of the largest manufacturers of marine paints and primers, Interlux is a name you can trust for high-quality products that provide...Choose Options
Interlux Brightside Polyurethane Marine Paint
FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
Total Price:Add to Cart
Interlux Brightside - High Gloss Polyurethane Topside Marine Paint
Brightside Polyurethane marine paint is a hard-finish, high gloss, one-part application polyurethane topside finish. This paint offers excellent application characteristics that result in a “sprayed on” appearance when brush-applied in thin coats and is recommended for application on surfaces above the true waterline. To ensure high-gloss retention, Brightside contains Poly flow 4000 resins and surface stabilizers. Additionally, its fluro micro-additive allows for easy clean-ups, is stain resistant, and provides added abrasion resistance.
Used as a marine polyurethane, Interlux Brightside is suitable for use on hulls, decks, as well as exterior/interior cabins and trim.
- Hard, high gloss, one-part polyurethane finish
- Excellent flow and leveling characteristics create smooth finish even when applied with a brush
- Recommended for use above true waterline
- Fluro Micro-additive formula permits easy cleaning, added stain/abrasion resistance
- For use with single-part primers, enamels, or polyurethanes
- Available in a range of bright, crisp colors
- Finish: High Gloss
- Number of Coats: 2 minimum
- Coverage: 550 ft²/gal. by brush, 440 ft²/gal. by spray.
- Pack Size: 1 US Quart, 1 US Gallon (White Only)
- Colors Available: Y4248 Fire Red, Y4258 Black, Y4359 White, Y4990 Flag Blue, Y4100 Largo Blue, Y4152 Yellow, Y4190 Kingston Gray, Y4205 Seattle Gray, Y4207 Bristol Beige, Y4208 Hatters Off White, Y4217 Grand Banks Beige, Y4218 Hatters Off White (1990), Y4237 Sundown Buff, Y4241 Sapphire Blue, Y4247 Sea Green, Y4250 Steel Grey, Y 4253 Ocean Blue (C.C Blue), Y4259 Blue-Glo White, Y4316 Dark Blue, Y4351 Light Blue, Y4353 Medium Blue, Y4360 Matterhorn White, Y4381 Off White
- VOC: Less than 325 grams/liter (2.75 lbs./gal.)
Interlux Brush Thinner: For brush application or clean-up
Interlux Special Thinner: For spray application or clean-up
Interlux Pre-Kote Brightside Primer: Unique undercoat for brightside or any one part topside finish.
How To Apply Interlux Brightside Marine Paint
- Application Method: Airless Spray, Brush, Roller, Conventional Spray - Pressure Pot or Siphon Cup
- Number of Coats: 2 Minimum
- Coverage: 550 ft²/gal by brush, 440 ft²/gal by spray
- Application Temp: 50°F Min. / 95°F Max.
- Thinner: Brushing Liquid 333, Spraying Thinner 216
|Temp||Touch Dry||Minimum Sanding Time|
|50°F||3 Hours||16 Hours|
|75°F||2 Hours||12 Hours|
|95°F||1 Hour||8 Hours|
- Previously Painted Surfaces:
- The surface must be clean and dry.
- Remove surface contamination by wiping down with Interlux Brushing Liquid 333 or Special Thinner 216.
- Sand with 220-320 grade (grit) paper. Remove sanding residue.
- Bare Fiberglass:
- In Good Condition - Begin by scrubbing well using soap and water and a stiff brush. Rinse with fresh water. Remove wax and other contaminants using either Fiberglass Solvent Wash 202 or Fiberglass Surface Prep YMA601V. Sand with 220-320 grade (grit) paper. Remove sanding residue.
- In Poor Condition - Clean as above. Sand with 80 grade (grit) paper. Apply Pre-Kote.
- Clear Epoxy:
- After the epoxy has cured, remove any amine blush by scrubbing well using soap and water, and a stiff brush, or by using Fiberglass Surface Prep YMA601V.
- Rinse with fresh water and allow to dry. Sand with 80 grade (grit) paper.
- Remove sanding residue. Apply one coat of Epoxy Primekote 404/414.
- Bare Wood:
- Sand surface with 180-220 grade (grit) paper, wipe clean.
- Apply Pre-Kote. Sand surface with 220 grade (grit) paper, wipe clean.
- Bare Metal:
- Sandblast or grind, remove sanding residue.
- Immediately apply Interprotect 2000E thinned 15% with Interlux Solvent 2316N. When the Interprotect is thumb-print tacky apply one coat of Epoxy Primekote 404/414.
- Sand with 220 grade (grit) paper. Remove sanding residue.
- Apply 2-3 coats of Brightside, allowing a minimum of 16 hours between coats.
- Sand between coats with 320-grit sandpaper.
- Note: Avoid applying late in the day as condensation can cause loss of gloss overnight.
- In warm or windy conditions, up to 10% Interlux Brushing Liquid 333 may be added to ease application.
- Do not exceed 10% thinner by volume
California Residents: WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- Google Product Type:
- Google Custom Field 2:
- related products
Customers Also Viewed
Pettit Easypoxy (EZ-Poxy) High Gloss Topside Marine Paint There are a lot of choices when it comes to topside marine paints, however, Pettit is an industry leader in creating superior marine grade...Choose Options
Interlux Perfection 2-Part Polyurethane High Gloss Marine Paint When it comes to marine paints, Interlux is the leading manufacturer of high-quality paints that help to protect boats from harmful...Choose Options
Pettit EZ Prime High Build Topside Undercoater Pettit EZ Prime is a high-build formula that dries quickly and is easy to sand. This undercoater should be used as a base coat whenever the surface...Choose Options
Interlux Brightside Boottop And Striping Enamel Interlux Brightside Boottop and Striping Enamel is a high quality polyurethane finish that comes in a convenient half-pint size that is perfect...Choose Options