FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
Total Price:Add to Cart
Marine Tex Epoxy Putty Repair Kit - White
Marine-Tex is a heavy-duty structural epoxy, used to repair aluminum, fiberglass and wooden boats, reinstall loose or stripped fasteners, permanently bond dissimilar metals without galvanic corrosion, and fill gouges in wood, metal and fiberglass, making repaired areas stronger than before. White Marine-Tex is recommended for use on fiberglass or surfaces where a white color is important. Marine-Tex is manufactured to the highest standards to meet the harsh demands of the marine and industrial environments, and solve many problems for home, auto and hobby applications. Marine-Tex handles like putty, hardens like steel and sands like wood.
Marine-Tex is a creamy paste consistency that can be applied on vertical or horizontal surfaces, easily fills gaps, and can be shaped to rebuild damaged components. Marine-Tex paste provides waterproof repairs that can be used with fiberglass tape or cloth to bridge holes and reinforce structural repairs as needed. Emergency and permanent repairs to machinery and equipment, hulls, decks, stripped fasteners, piping and tanks are all easily accomplished with the mighty repair kit. Marine-Tex can be sanded or ground to shape, tapped and drilled, and finished with most common paints and coatings. Marine-Tex is an excellent choice for repairing problem areas located below the waterline. Marine-Tex is resistant to water and many chemicals.
- Epoxy Resin
- Mixing Stick
- For 2 oz. Kit, 17 square inches at 1/8" thick
- For 14 oz. Kit, 124 square inches at 1/8" thick
- Mixing Ratio: 5 parts epoxy resin to 1 part hardener - by volume. When mixing by weight, the ratio is 6.3 parts resin to 1 part hardener. Always keep epoxy at room temperature before mixing.
- Cure Time: 24 hours at a constant temperature of 72 degrees Fahrenheit. Lower temperatures will create longer cure times.
- Compressive Strength: 8,700 PSI
- Adhesion Shear Strength: 2,300 PSI
- Tensile Strength: 4,000 PSI
- Chemical Resistance: Most common acids, alkalies and hydrocarbons
Marine-Tex Application Tips:
- Surface preparation is the key to epoxy adhesion. Remove all contaminants (dirt, oil, grease) with acetone or lacquer thinner. Sand area, then remove grit to improve adhesion.
- Mix the proportioned components with a putty stick or hard plastic squeegee on a broad, flat surface-wood, cardboard or plastic.
- Mix only enough for 15 or 20 minutes of nominal working time.
- After components are thoroughly mixed, spread your mixture into a long thin line to ensure a streak-free consistency and to provide you with maximum working time.
- White Marine-Tex can be tinted with Evercoat's coloring agents for fiberglass and wood applications. Use only a small amount of coloring agent (not more than 5% of the total volume of epoxy).
California Residents: WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- Google Product Type:
Customers Also Viewed
Marine Tex Epoxy Putty Repair Kit - Gray Marine-Tex, the legendary high-strength repair compound designed for filling, bonding and rebuilding wood, fiberglass, ceramic, glass, metal, masonry and...Choose Options
Pettit Easypoxy (EZ-Poxy) High Gloss Topside Marine Paint There are a lot of choices when it comes to topside marine paints, however, Pettit is an industry leader in creating superior marine grade...Choose Options
Interlux Watertite 2-Part Epoxy Marine Filler Compound Interlux Watertite is a quick drying 2-part epoxy filler suitable for use on Fiberglass, Metals, Epoxy and rigid Wood constructions. The...Choose Options