Mercury Marine 25/30 hp 4-Stroke EFI Oil Change Kit
Mercury oil change kits contain industry-leading Mercury 25W-40 Marine Engine Oil. Over five years of engineering and development went into the exclusive Flagship Protection formula which features a high-tech, advanced set of anti-wear additives that provide up to 35% better camshaft wear protection and the highest levels of corrosion and oxidation protection. Designed to maintain engine reliability and performance, Mercury 25W-40 Marine Engine Oil has been proven to hold its viscosity ratings longer in industry wear testing than other oils on the market. Mercury Oil, combined with a genuine Mercury Oil Filter team up to provide the #1 protection on the water.
Industry Leading Strength - Mercury provides the longest lasting, strongest protection.
Flagship Corrosion Resistance - New advanced corrosion inhibitors outperform competition and all industry standards. Provides protection against rust and corrosion in wet environments and during off-season storage
Ultimate Wear Protection - Using new, high-tech additive technology, Mercury has 33% greater camshaft wear protection compared to other marine dealers.
Each kit contains all the items needed to change oil in select Mercury 4-Stroke Outboards:
- (2) 25W-40 Marine Engine Oil
- (1) Oil Filter - 822626K03
- (1) Drain Plug Seal - 895146
- (1) Drip Tray 8M0052100
- Complete instructions printed right on the box
Check engine oil and replace oil filter every 100 hours of use, or annually (whichever comes first).
Mercury Oil Change Instructions for 4-Stroke 25/30 HP EFI
Oil Change Procedure
- Tilt the outboard up to the trailer position.
- Turn the steering on the outboard so that the drain hole is facing downward. Remove the drain plug with an 18mm wrench and drain the engine oil into an appropriate container.
- Place new seal on the drain plug and lubricate with oil.
Changing the Oil Filter
- Place a rag or towel below the oil filter to absorb any spilled oil.
- Unscrew old filter by turning the filter counter-clockwise.
- Clean the mounting base. Apply film of clean oil to the filter gasket. Do not grease.
- Screw new filter on until gasket contacts base, then tighten 3/4 turn.
- Remove the oil cap and add oil to the midpoint of the operating range (midpoint of the cross hatched region). Adding 5 liters will bring the oil level to midpoint of the cross hatched region.
- Reinstall the oil fill cap.
- Idle engine for five minutes and check for leaks. Stop engine and check oil level on dipstick.
- Add oil if necessary.
Customers also viewed