Pela 650 Oil Change Pump, 6.8 qt Capacity
Pela's original pump, since 1996. A long time favorite among technicians because of its power and durability.
- Just 4 to 15 strokes in a row to create a powerful vacuum
- Container (6.5 litres) then neatly captures the oil preventing spills
- See-through, calibrated container lets the user know how much oil has been extracted
- Built-in float switch automatically stops extraction as soon as capacity is reached
- Pour spout facilitates emptying
With the pump housed inside the container, the Big PELA is a durable, maintenance free unit.
- Capacity: 6.5 litres (6.87 qts)
- Height: 25"
- Cylindrical Diameter: 6.25"
- Tubes: 3/16" & 1/4" OD, Length 47" each
- Extension Tube: Length 39"
How to Use
1. Warm up the oil by running the engine. This will allow the contaminates to mix and to suspend in the oil. Remove the dipstick.
Note: If you can't hole the sipstick comfortably in your hands, then the oil is too hot! Wait for the oil to cool off a bit.
2. Select and insert the appropriate diameter extraction tube into the dipstick pipe until it touches the bottom of the oil pan. Connect the main tube to the top of the unit and to the extraction tube.
3. Pump the handle 4-15 times in a row to start the vacuum. The unit will extract the oil automatically. Continuous pumping is not required.
4. After the oil has been extracted, press the release valve located at the top of the unit for 5 seconds. Remove the main tube. When pouring the oil into a container, hold the pump as in the photo and pour gently. Do not hold it upside down! Bring the used oil to a recycling depot.
Note: No special cleaning is required on the unit. Just empty as much oil as possible (do not store oil long term).
Customers also viewed