- Simrad S2009 9" Fishfinder w/Broadband Sounder Module & CHIRP Technology
S2009 9" Fishfinder w/Broadband Sounder™ Module & CHIRP Technology
The Simrad S2009 Fish Finder combines the Broadband Sounder™ module with CHIRP technology, 9" portrait display for maximum vertical detail, and intuitive keypad-driven operation. Robust yet compact with both bracket and flush-mount installation options, the S2009 was designed to meet the need for a dedicated fish finder display aboard coastal and offshore fishing vessels.
- Dedicated fish-finder with integrated Broadband Sounder™ module and CHIRP technology
- High depth penetration and ping speed
- Vertical heave compensation
- 9" 480x800-pixel portrait LCD
- High-brightness display ideal for outside installation
- See clearly with White Line, White Marker, and Color Erase features
- Simple operation with 8 direct-access menu keys
- Bracket and flush mounting options (bracket included)
- Full-sized SD card slot for logs and software updates
- Ethernet, NMEA0183 & NMEA2000 connectivity
Integrated Single-Channel Broadband Sounder™ Module
The S2009 includes a Broadband Sounder™ module with plug-and-play transducer port, compatible with Simrad and Airmar transducers equipped with blue 7-pin connectors. Adapters are available to allow easy and cost-effective retrofit of existing Simrad, Airmar, and other third-party transducers.
The S2009 includes CHIRP technology, which utilizes frequency-swept sonar pulses to deliver higher resolution, improved target separation, and greater image clarity than traditional sonar at all depth ranges. Simrad technology makes CHIRP available not only on special-purpose CHIRP transducers, but also via traditional single-frequency transducers. Vessels with a suitable transducer already installed can add CHIRP technology simply by installing an S2000-series Fish Finder, offering an extremely cost-effective upgrade.
Vertical Heave Compensation
Heave compensation eliminates the vertical effects of wave action from sonar depth measurements, enhancing the accuracy and consistency of bottom tracking in rough conditions. This feature requires a compatible NMEA 2000®-connected satellite compass such as the Simrad HS60 or HS70 to provide real-time heave data.
9" Portrait Display
With a compact 9" LCD in portrait orientation, the S2009 maximises screen size where limited mounting space is available. Its portrait orientation is well suited to fishing applications, displaying the water column with a high level of vertical detail.
White Line, White Marker and Colour Erase
The S2009 Fish Finder offers a range of features to quickly and easily adjust the on-screen image to suit the task at hand.
-White Line clearly separates the water column from the bottom with a high-contrast white line, for enhanced bottom visibility.
-White Marker allows any user-selected colour from the fish finder image to be replaced with high-contrast white, highlighting specific sonar echoes corresponding to fish or other targets of interest.
-Colour Erase allows any selected colour to be blended into the background, eliminating unwanted noise or unimportant features from the display.
Keypad Operation with Direct-Access Menu Keys
The S2009 is operated by an integrated keypad and rotary dial. Direct-access menu keys beside the display provide intuitive control of on-screen menu options, for one-button access to key settings and features. With reliable, long-life operation and clear tactile feedback, the S2009's large buttons are suitable for use in rough seas, while travelling at speed, and with wet or gloved hands.
Rugged Design with Flexible Mounting Options
The S2009 may be flush-mounted, ideal for installation aboard new vessels. Alternatively, the included gimbal bracket is well suited to outside installations or pilothouse refits. With watertight rear connectors, the S2009 is IPX7 water-resistant from all sides, in either flush- or bracket-mount installation.
Networking & Expansion
The S2009 includes Ethernet connectivity to share sonar data with other Simrad systems including NSO evo2 and NSS evo2 multifunction displays. The S2009 may also be used as a dedicated fish finder display for NSS evo2 systems, receiving sonar data from an NSS evo2 display's built-in Broadband Sounder™ module. Other devices may be networked via the S2009's NMEA 2000® and NMEA 0183® ports, enabling additional functionality such as waypoint marking and sharing with compatible devices.
Sonar Log Recording - ciBioBase and Insight Genesis Compatible
The S2009 is capable of recording sonar history to a full-sized SD memory card, which may be easily inserted and removed via a waterproof access hatch on the front panel. Recorded sonar logs may be used with the cloud-based Insight Genesis™ service to create custom fishing charts, or BioBase GIS software to create detailed aquatic bathymetric and vegetation maps for survey and research purposes.
- Languages: 40 languages
- Screen Brightness: 1200 cd/m2
- Echosounder Max Depths: 3,000M / 10,000' (transducer-dependent)
- Echosounder Transducers: Standard Broadband and single-channel CHIRP Transducers
- Echosounder Frequencies: CHIRP 28-38 kHz, 40-60 kHz, 85-145 kHz, 130-210kHz, Broadband 28kHz, 38kHz, 50kHz, 83kHz, 200kHz
- Display Size: 9" portrait
- Display Resolution: 480 x 800
- Display Type: 9" LED-backlit Color TFT LCD
- Connectors: 1x NMEA0183, 1x NMEA2000, 1x Ethernet
- Waterproof Standard/rating: IPx7
- Product Width: 224.3mm / 8.83"
- Product Depth:82.3mm / 3.24"
- Product Height: 260.1mm / 10.24"
- Power Supply (Supply Voltage): 10.8-31.2 V DC
- Resolution (VxH): 480 x 800
- Screen Size: 9
- Waterproof Rating: Resistant
- Box Dimensions: 9"H x 11"W x 15"L WT: 8.8 lbs
- UPC: 9420024136812