Fisherman 25 Electric Anchor Winch
Fisherman 25 Specifics
- Maximum Anchor Capacity: 20-25 lbs.
- Typical Boat Length: up to 20'
- Speed up: 65ft/min
- Speed down: 70ft/min
- Separate roller davit included
- Winch Dimensions (LxWxH): 10" x 9.75" x 5.75"
- Davit Dimensions (LxWxH): 9.5" x 3.5" x 5"
All Anchor Winch models include:
- Assembly hardware and instructions
- 100’ of 0.20” pre-wound braided anchor rope
- Automatic resetting circuit breaker
- Sealed membrane UP/DOWN switch
- 14-gauge marine-grade battery wire which is 17 ft long
- Anchor safety chain
- 2 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
How to Install
Video from the TRAC Outdoor Products website
HOW TO INSTALL TRAC FISHERMAN 25 ANCHOR WINCH
Protect yourself and others by observing all safety information listed on the instructions.
Tools Required for Installation
- Electric Drill
- 5/16’’ (7.9mm) Drill Bit
- 9/16’’ (14mm) Socket and Driver
- Adjustable (Crescent style) Wrench
- Phillips Screw Driver
Materials Required for Installation
- Winch and Anchor Roller (included)
- Seven 8mm bolts, washers and nuts (included) – Longer bolts may be required if your deck is very thick.
- Shackle for anchor attachment (included)
- River or Mushroom anchor (not included – 20 lbs. recommended with a short shank).
- Battery Wire and Circuit Breaker (included)
INSTALLING ANCHOR WINCH ON BOAT DECK
- The anchor winch can be installed on the fore (front) or the aft (rear) of the boat.
- Locate anchor roller on deck in desired location. The anchor roller must be located at the edge of the deck and must be extended over the edge to allow the anchor to clear the deck when it is docked in the anchor roller.
- Look below the deck and check for any obstructions underneath the desired anchor roller location. Make sure there is enough space for the winch to be placed in-line with rope spool centered on the anchor roller.
- Remove the 2 Phillips head screws in the rear of the davit assembly to expose the mounting holes. Using a marker, mark the anchor roller and winch mounting holes on the deck.
- Remove anchor roller and drill the holes.
- Secure the anchor roller to the deck using three 8mm bolts, nuts and washers.
- Place winch on boat deck and align the center of the rope spool with the center of the anchor roller.
- Look below the deck and check for any obstructions underneath the desired anchor winch mounting location.
- To expose the mounting holes, remove the four Phillips head screws that hold the cover on the winch frame and disconnect the white connector for the switch.
- Mark and drill the holes. There are four 8mm bolt mounting holes and a hole for the battery lead wires.
- Place the anchor winch in position and bolt to the deck. Use fender washers and/or marine plywood under the deck to ensure the greatest strength and to spread the load.
- Do not use wire sizes smaller than 14 AWG with 105 degree C rated insulation.
- The wires and switch are all properly connected.
- You will need to route the battery wires from the winch to battery and connect the RED positive (+) wire to the silver post on the circuit breaker.
- The small hole on the buss bar (flat stamped metal part with two holes) is attached to the colored post on the circuit breaker and the large hole on the buss bar is attached to the battery positive terminal.
- The BLACK negative (-) wire is attached to the battery negative terminal.
- Attach the shackle to the anchor shank eye.
- Tie the rope to the anchor shackle.
ANCHOR WINCH OPERATION
- To lower the anchor press and hold the button with the arrow which points down. Release the button when you wish to stop letting rope out.
- To raise the anchor, press and hold the button with the arrow which points up. Release the button when the anchor is docked or when you wish to stop the retrieval of the anchor.
Information sourced from the TRAC Fisherman 25 Installation and Operating User Manual.