- Carburetor Kits
Carburetor Kits Choose Your Manufacturer
Marine Carburetor Kits
Many seasoned boat owners have found themselves with damaged carburetors due to the increased percentages of ethanol in the fuel they use. Turns out, it was not enough to just select fuel with a lower percentage of ethanol. Lower ethanol fuel deteriorates rapidly, so in a matter of weeks, too much “gunk” builds up in the carbs, beyond what spray cleaners can remove. At that point, the only solution is to rebuild the carburetor. This does not have to be an expensive repair to be handed off to a marine technician, however. With a little organization, and a couple of hours, most DIYers can remedy this problem, and rebuild a small outboard carburetor themselves.
Wholesale Marine has everything you’ll need for this project. We carry a broad selection of quality marine carburetor kits from Sierra. If you are not certain which kit you’ll need, give our knowledgeable representatives a call at (877) 388-2628, from 8:00 AM until 6:00 PM, EST. They’ll be glad to assist you in making the right selection. For direction, just follow the instructions in the kit. Wholesale Marine has some tips to make sure you’ll get the job done right the first time.
Marine Carburetor Kits and Sound Advice
- Make reassembly easier by taking cell phone photos at every step as you dismantle the carburetor. (Thank us later!)
- Set aside pins, screws and clamps that you’ll reuse in a disposable paper bowl, so these will not be lost.
- Work in a well-ventilated area. Fumes from the cleaning solution can be toxic.
- Wear industrial-grade rubber gloves.
- Be sure to test the reassembled carburetor before you set off on your next voyage.
- To make carburetor rebuilds less frequent, use a quality fuel treatment such as Stabil.
Wholesale Marine customers know that they come first. We offer same day, flat-rate shipping and our low price guarantee. Be sure to ask about our Captain’s Loyalty program for additional discounts every time you shop at Wholesale Marine.