Mercruiser Carburetors and Kits
When a Mercruiser’s carburetor frequently becomes clogged despite repeated cleanings, it may be time to replace the complete carburetion system. Over time, old gasoline can quickly leave gum deposits in the carburetor float bowl and these will clog tiny jets and fuel passages. Rebuilding a carburetor seems daunting to those who have not attempted this procedure before. It is really not that difficult. It simply means cleaning the varnish and gum from the float bowl, jets and passages. Even a first-timer should be able to do this in a couple hours. Wholesale Marine carries Mercruiser Carburetor kits and carb cleaners that make it easy to perform this task like a pro.
For boaters, performing simple maintenance procedures, like washing your boat, not only provides a feeling of satisfaction, but also saves money. It may also prevent expensive repairs later on. Below, Wholesale Marine provides a quick overview of the task so you can decide if this is for you or should be performed by a marine technician.
Rebuilding a Mercruiser Carburetor Overview
For Best Results Use a Mercruiser Carburetor Kit from Wholesale Marine
1. First all fuel lines must be detached. Remove the primer bulb fuel line from the engine. Next disconnect the fuel line running directly from the carburetor. Detach all carb-to -engine links then unbolt the carb from the intake manifold.
2. Take the carb apart. Using a clean shop towel, place each component within easy reach. Reassembly will go much faster and it will be easier to determine what needs to be replaced and which components just need a cleaning. Set the needle and seat aside.
3. The float should be empty. If not, replace it.
4. Once the carb has been fully taken apart, the importance of cleaning every nook and cranny completely cannot be overstated. This is key to the success of the task. We recommend Quicksilver Power Tune and Sierra Carbon Free Aerosol to make short work of this critical stage of the process.
5. Using the Mercruiser Carburetor Kit specifically designed for your Mercruiser engine, reassemble the carb unit. Wholesale Marine offers an extended selection of kits and components for specific Mercruiser models. If you have questions, give us a call and we’ll be glad to assist you in making the right selection.
Wholesale Marine provides everything boaters need for their Mercruiser engines. We offer same-day shipping on most items and a lowest price guarantee as well. When you join our Loyalty Program you’ll be able to use the points you accumulate today towards any future purchases. We offer flat rate shipping for $6.99. Just give us a call Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM until 6:00 PM EST at (877) 388-2628.