FREQUENTLY BOUGHT TOGETHER
Total Price:Add to Cart
Interlux VC-17M Antifouling Boat Bottom Paint
New Formula as of April 2022 - Biolux is not longer included in the VC17m formula. This new formula is compatible with VC17m Extra and delivers similar performance.
VC17 is Only Available for sale in the following states: NY, PA, OH, MI, WI, MN, IL, IN, SC, MD, CT, ME, MA, RI, NJ, DE, NC, GA, TX, OR, VT, KY, KS, AZ, AL, MS, NH, WV, TN, AR, OK, NV, AK, NE
Ideal for racing and cruising boats, the Interlux VC-17M is a high-performance antifouling paint that provides a thin film finish with its specially formulated fluoro micro-additive. This additive reduces friction and drag, two enemies of racing boats. VC17M dries quickly to a hard super smooth racing surface. The Interlux VC-17M provides a finish that with other products would take days with laborious sanding and reapplying. VC17m provides antifouling protection in fresh water or low-fouling salt water, against zebra mussels and other fouling organisms.
Interlux VC-17M is available in quart size and four popular colors. Note color may change after several weeks of immersion. (See chart below) Application of the VC-17M is easy and drying time is minimal. This means less downtime and quicker re-launch of your vessel. This product can also be used on inflatables to help increase the longevity of your inflatables.
- Interlux VC-17m bottom paint provides thin film antifouling protection- ideal for racing sailboats and powerboats
- Fluoro micro-additive produces low friction
- Best for use in fresh and low-fouling salt water
- Recommended for Inflatables
Pack Size: 1 US Quart. Not Available in Gallons.
Colors Available: V105U Original, V106U Blue, V107U Red, V103U Black
Note: VC 17m changes color after several weeks of immersion.
- V105U (Original): At application - copper bronze. Changes to brownish gray.
- V106U (Blue): At application - dark copper bronze. Changes to dark blue.
- V107U (Red): At application - reddish copper bronze. Changes to bright burnt red.
- V103U (Black): At application - dark copper bronze. Changes to black.
- Special Thinner 216 - To ease the application
- Fiberglass Solvent Wash 202 - To clean bare fiberglass prior to application
- Fiberglass Surface Prep YMA601 - Water based cleaner for bare fiberglass
Product Compatibility: Interlux VC 17m is compatible with all antifouling paints. For best results from VC 17m antifouling bottom paint, be sure to first remove all soft paints and any paint in poor condition. Hard paints that are in good condition may be overcoated with VC 17m but must be sanded thoroughly to a smooth surface prior to applying VC 17m. Sand first with 80-grit sandpaper and work successively up the grades to 320-grit sandpaper.
How to Apply Interlux VC17m
In low fouling, cold saltwater, three coats are applied the first season, then two coats each season after. For boats in freshwater, apply two coats initially, then one coat every season thereafter.
- Application Method: Airless Spray or Roller
- Number of Coats: 2 Coats Minimum
- Coverage: 91 sq. ft. / quart (roller)
- Application Temp: 45°F Min. / 95°F Max.
- Thinner: Interlux 216 Special Thinner 10% by volume maximum
Apply VC17m using a short nap roller or 4-6" airless spray gun (full pressure, 60-70 thou. tip). For rollers, add up to 10% thinner for ease of application. If rolling, use small amounts poured into a steel roller tray. Roll quickly and in one direction only. If using a sprayer, keep the nozzle 6-8 inches from the hull. NOTE: Do not use conventional spray equipment as this may result in dry spray.
|Temp||Touch Dry||Overcoating Time||Launch Time|
|60°F||5 mins||10 mins||20 mins|
|77°F||3 mins||10 mins||15 mins|
|95°F||2 mins||10 mins||10 mins|
Surfaces previously painted with VC 17m or VC17m Extra (in good condition) should be cleaned with fresh water. Sand any loose or flaking paint with 320 grit sandpaper and wipe off sanding residue with Special Thinner 216.
Previously Painted Surfaces:
- Surface must be clean and dry prior to application of VC 17m. Sand areas that are loose or flaking with 320 grade (grit) paper.
- Clean with Special Thinner 216. With conventional antifouling paint Removal is best but if this is not possible, start sanding with 80 grade (grit) paper and progressively sand with finer grades until the final sanding with 320 grade (grit).
- Remove sanding residue.
- Begin by scrubbing well using soap and water and a stiff brush.
- Rinse with fresh water. Wipe with Fiberglass Solvent Wash 202.
- Sand with 320 grade (grit) paper. Wipe clean.
- Wipe clean. Sand surface with 80-100 grit sandpaper and remove sanding residue.
- (Keels & Hulls) Blast to near white metal surface (Sa 2½).
- Clean thoroughly with Fiberglass Solvent Wash 202
- Overcoat within one hour with InterProtect 2000E thinned 10-15% with Reducing Solvent 2316N
- Performance of the paint relies directly on the care taken in surface preparation, the application technique, and the number of coats applied.
- It is important for performance to ensure that uniform film is achieved and the recommended number of coats are applied
- Apply to clean, dry, properly prepared surfaces only. Bare surfaces must be sanded.
- Do not apply VC 17m over graphite antifoulings. Do not apply over soft antifouling paints.
- Do not apply VC 17m over aluminum.
California Residents: WARNING Cancer and Reproductive Harm - P65Warnings.ca.gov
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- Google Product Type:
- Paint Type:
- Thin Film Antifouling
- Number of Seasons:
- Multi Season
- Antifouling Type:
- Copper Based
- Is Boat Trailerable:
- Hull Material:
- Fiberglass, Steel, Wood
- Water Type:
- Brackish Water, Fresh Water
- Product MPN:
- V103UKIT, V105UKIT, V106UKIT, V107UKIT
- Product UPC:
- 81948002141, 081948002691, 081948002158, 081948002165
Customers Also Viewed
Interlux Micron CSC Ablative Bottom Paint Interlux is the industry leader in ablative bottom paints and it is trusted by boat owners for their long-lasting quality products. Interlux Micron CSC is a...Choose Options
Pettit Vivid Ablative Antifouling Boat Paint When it comes to bottom paints, Pettit leads the way in innovation and high-quality bottom paints. They are committed to providing their customers with...Choose Options
Interlux Trilux 33 Antifouling Bottom Paint Trilux 33 is formulated to provide the most effective protection for fiberglass, wood, and all underwater metal surfaces. This antifouling bottom paint is...Choose Options
Interlux ACT Ablative Antifouling Bottom Paint Interlux ACT Antifouling Paint Ablative provides excellent season-to-season protection. Its formula includes Interlux’ Ablative Technology to...Choose Options
Interlux Interprotect Epoxy Barrier Coat Kit - Gray Applying Interlux 200E can help protect hulls from damaging water absorption that can cause long-term, costly repairs to your boat. Interprotect...Choose Options
Pettit Hydrocoat Waterbased Bottom Paint Pettit Hydrocoat is an eco-friendly water-based marine bottom paint that meets all local and state regulations. It is formulated with no harsh smells or...Choose Options
Interlux Ultra-Kote Hard Antifouling High Copper Bottom Paint The Interlux Ultra-Kote is a high performance antifouling paint that is perfect for areas that experience moderate to severe fouling...Choose Options